- This variation of last year's popular 1/32 F-16CJ model is a replica of
the specially modified F-16C Block 32 flown by the Thunderbirds, the United
States Air Force Stunt Flying Team. Reliable Tamiya accuracy depicts the engine
and cockpit differences with F-16CJ, while high-quality decals capture the
plane's colorful markings. Special adjustable display stand included.
About the Thunderbirds F-16C
- The Thunderbirds are the USAF Air Demonstration Squadron, tasked with performing
stunt flight shows both at home and abroad to increase publicity and awareness
of the U.S. Air Force as well as to contribute to international friendship
activities. Since the unit?s founding in 1953, it has performed air shows
in all 50 states of the U.S. and in more than 60 countries worldwide. The
Thunderbirds specially modified F-16s carry no radar or machine guns, but
are fitted with colored smoke discharger pipes. In all other respects, they
are no different from standard F-16Cs and can be made battle-ready in under
- New parts accurately depict Block 32's characteristics like smaller air
intake, wingtip launchers, engine nozzle, cockpit and landing gears.
- Comes with 2 interchangeable parts to depict engine nozzle either open or
- Large display stand features 3 adjustable angles to depict the Thunderbird
F-16 in flight.
- Decals allow choice of 2 colorful marking schemes unique to the Thunderbirds
- Includes fully accurate Thunderbirds pilot figure and ladder.
- Metal pitot tube and static dischargers, and die-cast landing gear provides
- Main tail flaps and vertical tail fins can move after assembly thanks to
- Vertical tail fin can be removed after assembly allowing model to be stored
Items could be required (sell seperately)