The Mountain Rider produced by Tamiya in 1/10 scale RN36 series AWD drivetrain assembly kit, is classified in R/C Models - Off-Road - Rock Crawlers
This riproaring R/C model assembly kit re-creates the Toyota Hilux, a pick-up truck that has enjoyed enduring popularity from the U.S., Japan and beyond. The version uses a ladder frame such as that on the true vehicle, and can be powered with a 3-speed transmission that provides 4WD (1st gear) and also 2WD (second and 3rd gears) and lets gear-changing while conducting. The realism doesn't stop there, with the rugged suspension featuring metal axle housings, leaf springs and shackles, whilst the rear installation is paired using a radius pole. A metallic front under guard helps the model take on rough off road ailments. The detailed and durable injection-molded body with roll pub is married to metal-plated wheels on 123mm diameter tires to give the model a stylish, high-lift appearance.
About the Toyota Truck
The Toyota Hilux has enjoyed continued reputation in Japan and around the globe because the very first model's debut in 1968. The 3rd production 30/40 Series appeared in 1978, with the RN36 model developed for export markets. It featured a sporty, lightweight body and has been powered with a 98hp 1,968cc 4-cylinder gasoline-engine. What's more, its live-axle suspension featured front leaf spring shackles located in the back to provide a sufficient approach angle for superb off road performance. Front/rear flared fenders and large tires gave the truck a tall, aggressive position, the look matched by the rustic front grille and dual rounded apron. The RN36 was mainly exported to North America, but has been later sold in Japan and you can still find many fans of this pickup for this day.
Length: 525mm, diameter: 278mmheight: 275mm. Tread: 200mm (front)/218mm (rear). Wheel base: 287mm.
• comes with a realistic shot shaped body using roll bar.
• The chassis is based around a ladder frame such as this of the actual motor vehicle, and can be powered with a 3-speed transmission with 4WD (1st gear) and 2WD (2nd and 3rd gears), having a universal drive shaft.
• Sturdy suspension includes metal axle housings, leaf springs and shackles, whilst the back setup is paired with a radius pole.
• Differentials in die cast axle housings front and rear make for turns.
• Front & rear large diameter tires are paired using trendy convertible wheels.
• incorporates 540-brushed type engine.
• Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to portray realistic head and tail lights.
• Requires: 4-channel Tamiya Attack radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery pack using charger that was compatible, along with Tamiya TS and acrylic paints to finish.